ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Access violation with TImageEnMView
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AnKi

1 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2023 :  10:09:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hello,

I'm still using version 9.1.1 in Delphi 10.4 and noticed an AV with a TImageEnMView when a TImageEnView is attached to it while closing a form.
The error message: (sorry, German IDE)

---------------------------
Benachrichtigung über Debugger-Exception
Im Projekt Sample.exe ist eine Exception der Klasse EAccessViolation mit der Meldung 'Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 006A744C in Modul 'Sample.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 00000050' aufgetreten.
Anhalten Fortsetzen Hilfe

Debugging through the ImageEn source files shows a Timer component being created in "TIECustomMView.DelayedUpdateAttachedImageEnView();" every time an update is called onto the component overwriting the same member variable over and over without freeing it before. This causes some Timers to get stuck in an endless loop as they're only disabling the newly assigned Timer objects if one was created before the timer event kicked in.
I guess these Timer components then cause an AV when the form closes and the whole TImageEnMView component is freed.

I didn't find anything about this in the release notes, has this been fixed in some later version?
And is there any workaround for my current version?

Kind regards
Andreas

xequte

38537 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  04:04:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Andreas

Yes, as best as I recall, there was an issue there, that was fixed many versions ago (9.3.0, I think). I'm out of the office until late June so I cannot confirm a workaround, but you should be able to set AttachedImageEnView to nil in your form closing code to prevent it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: