Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Resizing a layer continuously causes drawing glitches.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

151 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2024 :  15:28:46  Show Profile  Reply
If i create a image with 6 Layers (left and right balls, left and right line) and move the balls to left and right and resize the lines in 1px increments according to a TrackBar, so the line stretches to the left and right and the balls move, then the line layers that move and resize, get drawn chopped off every x pixels.

the left line is moved to the left and resized for 1 pixel and the right is just resized according to the TrackBar (the TrackBar resizes in 1 px increments).

The chopping is happening in 2 phases. First it is chopped off a bit and then a bit more and then redraws itself correctly, stays correct and then later at a different stage gets choped off the same way.

Maybe this is a internal rounding error or maybe it happens because of the new caching in my beta or it is caused by a smoothing algorythm?

On this picture you see on top, the initial picture, then the phase it is choped off, and on the bottom, the end position that looks ok again. (+ 50 pixels more)

xequte

38531 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2024 :  17:53:02  Show Profile  Reply
Please save this content to an IEN file and attach it to your post (or email it to me).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

151 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2024 :  08:23:46  Show Profile  Reply
As saving and loading the state draws the layers correctly, i mail you some code that shows it to you.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38531 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2024 :  17:10:57  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

This is an issue in the caching code of the beta. I will email you an update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: